Early on in her modeling career, Carol Alt was lauded as "the Face" and "the Most Beautiful Woman in the World" by Life and Playboy magazines respectively. A native of Queens, NY, she became a fashion model at age 16 and soon rose to the top of her profession. Alt made her film debut in 1983 playing a small role in Portfolio, but she did not become an actress until 1986 when she starred in the Italian film Monte Napoleone. Alt has developed quite a following in Europe and the bulk of her film and television work has been produced in Italy. In 1991, she appeared in Vendetta, a television miniseries. Alt occasionally appears in U.S.-produced films, most notably, Private Parts (1996), The Look, Twisted Fortune, and Woody Allen's To Rome with Love. Alt also has appeared on-stage.
Biography by Sandra Brennan
- Was a pre-law student when a photographer noticed her waiting tables at a Long Island eatery and got her in touch with modeling agencies.
- Appeared on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 1982, and in the magazine's first video in 1989.
- Began her acting career with roles in Italian films such as My First Forty Years (1987) and Bye Bye Baby (1989).
- Landed her first regular TV role in 1994 with the syndicated action series Thunder in Paradise.
- A vocal proponent of eating a raw-food diet, she has released multiple books on the subject. She also co-founded the all-natural skincare line Raw Essentials in 2008.
- Was part of the cast of Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice in 2008.
- Has appeared on more than 700 magazine covers.
- Supports the Tony Alt Memorial Foundation, which was established in honor of her brother and provides financial support for various children's causes.