Versatile Great Britain-born actor Maxwell Caulfield has worked steadily on stage, television, and occasionally in film. Caufield got his start as a dancer in a London hotspot and moved to New York in the late '70s. He has appeared in productions on and off-Broadway. He made an inauspicious Hollywood debut in 1982 appearing with Michelle Pfeiffer in Grease 2. His subsequent films have been of varying quality.
Biography by Sandra Brennan
- Worked as an exotic dancer at Windmill Theatre in London.
- Made his stage debut in the play Class Enemy (1979) and won the Theatre World Award for his performance.
- Starred in the Broadway play The Elephant Man (1980), where he met his future wife, Juliet Mills.
- Movie producer Alan Carr took notice of his performance in Entertaining Mr. Sloane and he was chosen out of thousands of applicants to play Michael Carrington in Grease 2 (1982), opposite Michelle Pfeiffer.
- In 1985, he began his role of Miles Colby on the ABC soap Dynasty; he continued the part on the spin-off series The Colbys (1985-87) and Dynasty: The Reunion (1991).
- Joined the cast of the ABC soap opera All My Children as Pierce Riley in 1996.
- From 2003 to '04 he played Jim Brodie in the BBC hit series Casualty.