Known to millions as big brother Mike on the sitcom Growing Pains, Kirk Cameron was a famous face and teen heartthrob in the 1980s. Born in California, Cameron began acting as a child, appearing in projects like the TV movie Starflight: The Plane That Couldn't Land before landing the role of Mike when Growing Pains premiered in 1985. He stayed with the show until 1992, marrying his onscreen love interest, Chelsea Noble, in 1991. Following the completion of the series, Cameron began to focus on Christian-oriented projects, appearing in the video series Left Behind, a set of movies that take place after the Rapture. Cameron has also been an outspoken proponent of Creationism. In 2004 he returned to his signature role as Mike Seaver for a Growing Pains reunion movie. He had his biggest big-screen success with the Christian-themed drama Fireproof in 2008.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Made his feature debut in the 1986 sports comedy The Best of Times, and starred in Like Father, Like Son the following year.
- Met future wife Chelsea Noble when she appeared as his love interest in a 1989 episode of Growing Pains.
- Reteamed with Noble in 1995 to costar on the WB sitcom Kirk.
- Founded Camp Firefly, a wilderness retreat in Georgia for seriously ill children and their families, in 1989.
- Returned to the big screen in 2000, starring in an adaptation of Left Behind, based on the popular series of Christian novels.
- Cohosted and produced Way of the Master, a spirituality focused reality series that promotes sharing the Christian faith.
- Chronicled his rise to fame and religious development in Still Growing: An Autobiography (2008).