Known to many as big sister DJ on the sitcom Full House, actress Candace Cameron followed in the footsteps of her older brother Kirk Cameron, who was an actor on the series Growing Pains. Starting with guest appearances on shows like Alice and St. Elsewhere, Cameron eventually won the role of DJ in 1987, when she was 11 years old. Following the cancellation of Full House in 1995, she continued to act in a wide variety of projects, many under her married name, Candace Cameron Bure, including 1997's Night Scream, 2007's The Wager with Randy Travis, and 2008's Moonlight and Mistletoe.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Followed in her older brother Kirk's footsteps and began acting when she was 5 years old.
- Was the first person to host the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards twice (in 1990 and 1994).
- Her Full House costar Dave Coulier introduced her to her future husband Valeri Bure at a charity hockey game in Los Angeles.
- Authored the New York Times best seller Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness.
- Launched an online magazine focusing on motherhood, relationships, homemaking, fitness and fashion.