Actor Thomas Calabro has nurtured a career not only onscreen, but also on-stage, as a member of New York's Actor's Studio and Circle Repertory Lab. He began appearing on television in the mid-'80s, with roles on episodes of Father Dowling Mysteries and Law & Order. In 1992, he joined the cast of a new primetime soap called Melrose Place, which turned out to be a massive hit. Calabro played Dr. Michael Mancini until 1999, becoming the only member of the original cast to remain with the series for its entire duration. He would go on to make many more appearances in various projects, finding continued success in television. He made memorable appearances on Nip/Tuck, Greek, and Without a Trace, and later joined the cast of the movie Locker 13. After the demise of Melrose Place he appeared in a number of projects including Creepy Crawlers, The Perfect Husband, and Safehouse, but in 2009 he was back in his signature role when Melrose Place relaunched for a new generation.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Made TV debut at age 12 when his Boy Scout troop appeared on an episode of Captain Kangaroo.
- Was an understudy for Denzel Washington in a college production of A Midsummer's Night Dream.
- Best known for portraying Dr. Michael Mancini on the original Melrose Place and on the CW remake.
- Was the only Melrose Place cast member to stay the entire run of the series.
- Taught classes at L.A.'s Angel City Yoga in 2001.