British actor Simon MacCorkindale was a young but established stage actor when he made his first brief film appearance in 1974's Juggernaut. Most of his subsequent movies were unmemorable, but MacCorkindale remained in the public eye as the husband of popular film actress Susan George. By the '80s, MacCorkindale had moved his base of operations to Hollywood, where he landed regular roles in two TV series: Manimal and Falcon Crest, appearing in the latter from 1984 through 1986 as Greg Reardon. In 1988, Simon MacCorkindale set up his own production company, Amy Productions: His first film project as an exec was Stealing Heaven (1988).
Biography by Hal Erickson
- Was Headboy at his school, Haileybury and Imperial Service College.
- Attended Studio 68 drama school.
- Wanted to follow in his Air Force pilot father Peter's bootsteps by joining the Air Training Corps., but deteriorating eyesight forced him to choose an alternative vocation.
- Had his breakthrough role charming and cunning shipboard suspect in the all-star whodunnit Death on the Nile (1978).
- Worked in Hollywood in the '80's with a series of roles ranging from soap operas to adventures.
- Has delved into stage projects as both director and actor, notably in Macbeth and The Merchant of Venice.
- Simon lost his four-year-old battle with bowel cancer in October 2010.