Active - 1979 - 2004 |
Born - Jun 30, 1936 in Pensacola, Florida, United States |
- Originally planned to be a schoolteacher.
- Spent two seasons with the New York City Opera Company, performing in such productions as Carmen and The Mikado.
- Performed as a soloist with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
- Made her Broadway debut in 1960 in Do Re Mi.
- Played Maria in the 1962 Broadway production of The Sound of Music.
- Was an original cohost of Good Morning America.
- For five years, she headed the Ray Bolger Endowment for Musical Performances at UCLA.
- Regularly performs as a cabaret singer.