Actress Michelle Trachtenberg was born on October 11, 1985, in New York City, and made a recognized splash into the Hollywood scene only 11 years later when she starred with Rosie O'Donnell in Harriet the Spy. Before the film, she had commercial and television acting experience, most notably with future Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-star Sarah Michelle Gellar on the soap opera All My Children. After Harriet, Trachtenberg made smaller film appearances, along with additional television roles. In 1999, she co-starred as Penny in Inspector Gadget with Matthew Broderick. She took on the role of Gellar's younger sister on the WB series Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 2001, and a recurring turn as pop star Celeste on Six Feet Under in 2004. She appeared in Ice Princess and Black Christmas. In 2009 she joined the cast of the series Mercy, and continued to work on the big-screen in projects like 17 Again, Cop Out, and Take Me Home Tonight.
Biography by Sarah Sloboda
- Learned Russian from her mother.
- Studied ballet as a child and used her dancing skills in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode "Once More With Feeling."
- Is good friends with Sarah Michelle Gellar, her costar from Buffy and All My Children.
- Performed her own stunts in the 2005 movie Ice Princess.
- Was nominated for a 2004 Daytime Emmy Award as Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series for her work as host and narrator of Discovery Kids' Truth or Scare.
- Has appeared in more than 100 TV commercials.
- Participated in antidrug charities such as RAD Kids, Care America and President Bill Clinton's Coalition for a Drug Free America.