- Began her career at a young age and starred in advertising billboards and television commercials from the age of 4.
- Took her stepfather's name at age 10, when her mother remarried.
- Her debut solo single "Perfect Moment" went to number 1 in the UK in 1999 and stayed there for 3 weeks, with the album You Me and Us going platinum.
- Released her autobiography Who Does She Think She Is? in 2000 and made a donation to the charity Refuge with money from the book's sales.
- Played the role of Eliza Doolittle in the 2001 West End production of My Fair Lady, opposite Jonathan Pryce as Henry Higgins.
- Was one of seven bridesmaids at Liza Minnelli and David Gest's wedding in 2002.
- Released her first novel, The Mistress, in 2009.