A massively charismatic figure on screen despite a real life stature of just 3'9.5", Mark Povinelli studied at Miami University before beginning an on-screen acting career with roles on TV shows like Fraser, and movies like The Polar Express. Povinelli sometimes performed stunts, in films like Van Helsing and Employee of the Month, but largely stuck to acting, earning particular attention for the role of Walter in the 2011 period drama Water for Elephants. He followed that up with a major part in the Snow White-inspired family film Mirror Mirror.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- After college, worked at the Gap Kids in the Mall of America in Minnesota.
- Spent five years touring as Torvald in a production of Mabou Mines DollHouse.
- Was part of the touring company of The Wizard of Oz with Mickey Rooney and Eartha Kitt.
- On being a little person, "I saw when I go out that I'm basically onstage anyway - everybody looks at me because I'm profoundly different physically. I have no control over it. I found when I went onstage I could finally be in control."
- Supports Little People of America, an organization that promotes awareness, advocacy and medical assistance for those with forms of dwarfism.