- Grew up with his adoptive family, the Schwotzers, in Pittsburgh and located his biological mother when he was in his 20s.
- Dropped Schwotzer for stage-name purposes.
- Switched from studying journalism to English in college; later dropped out of an English-literature graduate program upon deciding to pursue acting as a profession.
- Is certified as a fight coordinator with the Society of American Fight Directors, specializing in European weaponry and American thuggery.
- Is known for being the environmentally conscious Subaru salesperson in commercials.