Burly and heavyset character actor Mark Boone Jr. specialized in portrayals of thuggish rednecks and imposing blue-collar types, occasionally those with a slightly shady undercurrent. Boone first stepped in front of the camera in the early '80s, and grew more prolific over time; he was memorable in films such as the 1990 Die Hard 2 (as a terrorist), the 1995 Seven (as a greasy FBI agent), and the 2003 2 Fast 2 Furious (as a detective). His onscreen activity crescendoed circa 2005, with performances in four of that year's features, including Batman Begins. The following year, Boone signed for one of the key supporting roles in David Slade's supernatural horror opus 30 Days of Night (2007).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Early in his career, he performed as half of "Steve and Mark," an avant-garde comedy duo with his longtime friend, Steve Buscemi.
- Composed and performed "Run the Red Light Baby" for the acclaimed 1996 movie, Trees Lounge, which starred and was directed by Buscemi.
- Cast in the big-screen vampire movies John Carpenter's Vampires (1998) and 30 Days of Night (2007).
- Reprised his Detective Flass role from Batman Begins in the Batman Begins video game.
- Was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest on Aug. 24, 2010; the charges were dismissed later that year.
- Worked again with Buscemi in the 2010 film Pete Smalls is Dead.