- Worked at a Dunkin Donuts before entering and winning the Miss Massachusetts Teen USA pageant in 1996.
- Interviewed President George W. Bush as a Channel One News reporter during her senior year at Emerson College.
- Became a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight in 2002.
- Included in People magazine's 2004 list of the 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Left ET in 2005 to join competing entertainment news show Access Hollywood as a special correspondent, and to work on NBC News' Today as a West Coast contributor.
- Moved by the AIDS epidemic in Africa, created Take Action Hollywood!, a nonprofit organization working to raise social awareness and improve human conditions through film.
- Speaks fluent Greek.