After graduating from high school, Lucas Grabeel set out for L.A., hoping to forge a career as an actor. His big break came in 2006 when he was cast in the smash-hit Disney TV movie High School Musical, which shot to the height of popularity among kids and young teens, along with its soundtrack. Grabeel followed up the performance with appearances on various TV shows like Smallville and Veronica Mars, but he knew to keep a good thing going: he signed up for the sequel High School Musical 2, reprising the role of dim-witted Ryan Evans. Over the next several years, Grabeel would continue to find success on screen, appearing most notably on the series Switched at Birth.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is from the same town and attended the same high school as Brad Pitt.
- Before he moved to L.A., his mother called Brad Pitt's mother for advice.
- Landed his first commercial two months after moving to L.A. and his first movie, Halloweentown High, just a few months after that.
- Breakthrough role was as Ryan Evans in the Disney Channel phenomenon High School Musical.
- Founded his own production company called 14341 Productions in 2007.
- Enjoys photography, painting and playing music in his spare time.