- As a youngster, wanted to be a stuntman after watching Steve McQueen in Bullitt (1968).
- Realized acting was more up his alley after appearing in a Baton Rouge stage production of N. Richard Nash's The Rainmaker in 1981.
- In 2004, founded production company Ransack Films, which produced The Season Before Spring (2008), a full-length documentary about the first post-Hurricane Katrina Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- Launched the Web site www.locationtalent.com, an online directory for cast, crew and entertainment-industry workers listed by geographical location, in 2007.
- Was honored by self-improvement magazine Exceptional People in 2010 for his career and humanitarian work.