Australian-born Liam Hemsworth became a star in his home country with the role of Josh Taylor on the popular soap opera Neighbours. Prior to making his mark as an actor, Hemsworth had led a blue-collar life laying floors, but in 2007 he scored the part of Josh, as well as a role on another popular Australian show, McLeod's Daughters. He soon followed this with parts on The Elephant Princess and Satisfaction before transitioning to Hollywood for a role in the 2009 action movie Knowing. But his big break stateside came in 2010 when he was cast opposite Miley Cyrus in the romantic drama The Last Song. In 2012 he was cast as Gale, one of the two love interests for Katniss Everdeen in the adaptations of the highly successive Hunger Games series, and landed a part in the action film The Expendables 2.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is the youngest of three brothers who are all actors.
- Before he tried acting, he had a job laying down floors.
- Breakthrough role was in the popular Australian soap opera Neighbours.
- Soon after relocating to the United States, he landed his first leading film role in the romantic drama The Last Song.
- Appeared in the music video for Miley Cyrus' "When I Look at You."
- Auditioned for the lead in the action flick Thor, but his brother, Chris, won the part.