- Sued by her mother for $90,000 in earnings (held in trust) from Father Knows Best, ultimately leaving her with just $19,000.
- Authored a memoir titled Father Does Know Best: The Lauren Chapin Story in 1988, which boosted her career as a guest speaker.
- Has advised a number of actors and singers, including Jennifer Love Hewitt, on the difficulties of show business.
- Named an "honorary mayor" in cities in Oklahoma, Texas and Florida for her charity work.
- Still portrays her Father Knows Best character Kathy (or "Kitten") Anderson in interactive shows on cruises and other entertainment venues.
- Supports several charities benefiting underprivileged and abused children.