- First acting job was at age 8, playing the part of Cosette in a local production of Les Misérables.
- Because of her acting career, her elementary school teachers would mail her lessons and assignments on cassette tapes to be used by her on-set tutors.
- Played Joseph Gordon-Levitt's love interest in both the TV series 3rd Rock From the Sun and the film 10 Things I Hate About You (1999).
- Took a break from acting to pursue a liberal arts degree at Sarah Lawrence College.
- Appeared in and produced the Los Angeles premiere of Be a Good Little Widow at the NoHo Arts Center in 2014.