Maryland-born Lance Reddick began his acting career in the late '90s with small appearances in projects like Great Expectations and What the Deaf Man Heard. Eventually, Reddick was cast in the role of John Basil on the hard-hitting prison drama Oz in 2000, making him a recognizable face to thousands of fans. He would soon follow this role with another starring TV appearance, playing Lt. Cedric Daniels, on the critically acclaimed hit The Wire. This would lead to still more success for Reddick, who would go on to play Matthew Abaddon on the sci-fi series Lost and Special Agent Philip Broyles on the cult hit Fringe.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Started playing the piano at age 6; began writing his own songs a year later.
- Credits his mother, who was a music teacher, with fueling his love of music.
- Developed an interest in acting after reading from the Shakespeare play Macbeth.
- First theater job was as an understudy for Jeffrey Wright in the Tony Award-winning 1993-1994 Broadway production of Angels in America.
- Launched the production company YNC Films in 2006; co-founded Christai Productions in 2012.
- Released his debut jazz album Contemplations & Remembrances in 2007.
- Produced and starred in the YouTube series Dr0ne in 2012.