Active - 1985 - 2018 |
Born - Aug 23, 1952 in Tucson, Arizona, United States |
- Chain Camera (2001), his documentary film about the lives of Los Angeles high school students, was made entirely with footage shot by students from John Marshall High School.
- In 2006, received the Producer Guild of America's Stanley Kramer award.
- Often uses a cinéma vérité style of filmmaking and encourages his subjects to record their own footage.
- Co-founder of Chain Camera Pictures.
- Known for his documentary films and investigative journalism.
- Has explored themes of hypocrisy, secrecy and human sexuality.