- Started Oracafe, a cultural hub for Filipino writers and artists, in the 1990s.
- Founded .MOV International Digital Film Festival in 2002; regarded as the father of Philippine digital filmmaking.
- Wrote songs for Mondomanila (2010) that were originally written for a Bollywood version of the film.
- Collaborated with acclaimed cinematographer Christopher Doyle for his film Ruined Heart (2012).
- Has penned and published five books, including Guhit ng Talampakan, a collection of his poems.
- Has served as a faculty member at the Ateneo De Manila University, his alma mater; received the Dean's Award for Literature from the varsity.
- In 2008, wrote Ultraviolins, his first fiction and also the first postmodern book of stories in Filipino.
- Leads the bands, The Brockas, Fando & Lis and Vigo.