Even those who don't know Kevin Michael Richardson's face will frequently remember his voice. The actor's unique baritone has made him a memorable presence in many projects, including several voices on the animated series Family Guy. A classically trained performer, Richardson was one of eight students selected for the 1982 National Foundation for the Arts program, leading to a full scholarship for Syracuse University. He would go on to become a successful actor and voice actor, wracking up a long list of roles on everything from Pokemon to The New Batman Adventures.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- As a high-school student, was selected for the National Academy of the Arts' "Arts '82" program.
- First (on-screen) acting job was in an AT&T commercial; other commercial roles include the voice of the yellow smiley face in Wal-Mart commercials as well as voice work for DirectTV and Southwest Airlines.
- Played a mentally challenged man on three 1994 episodes of ER.
- Voice roles include hundreds of cartoon episodes and video games.
- Real-life voices portrayed include Bob Hope (in a 2006 Malcolm in the Middle episode), Bill Cosby (a number of Family Guy episodes) and Plato (PBS's Adventures From the Book of Virtues, 1996-98).
- In addition to The Cleaner, has been a regular in Knights of Prosperity (ABC, 2006-07), Like Family (TWB, 2003-04) and Homeboys in Outer Space (UPN, 1996-97).
- Co-wrote and performed on his singer-songwriter wife Monica's 2007 folk-pop CD The Highway.
- Says his favorite voice roles are Captain Gantu (Lilo & Stitch), Barney Rubble (The Flintstones: On the Rocks), The Joker (The Batman) and his various characters in The Happy Elf.