A native of Southern California who was born and raised in San Diego, Playboy model and Hugh Hefner girlfriend Kendra Wilkinson attended Clairemont High School and then accepted a position as a dental assistant, when her photograph landed on Hefner's desk and caught his attention. A mutual acquaintance subsequently contacted Wilkinson on Hefner's behalf and invited her to attend his exclusive 78th birthday celebration as body-painted entertainment for the party. Not long after, Hefner invited her to move into the Playboy mansion as one of his girlfriends-in-residence, an invitation she promptly accepted. She then appeared as a centerfold in Playboy magazine and starred, opposite Hefner, Holly Madison, and Bridget Marquardt, in the E! network reality series The Girls Next Door. Wilkinson also appeared opposite Madison in the genre parody Scary Movie 4. She got her own reality show, Kendra, in 2009, and competed in the 12th season of Dancing With the Stars in 2011. In 2012, she left the E! network, launching a new reality show, Kendra on Top, on WEtv.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Mother Patti is a former NFL cheerleader for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Worked as a dental assistant after high school.
- Attended Hugh Hefner's 78th birthday party as a painted girl; Hefner saw a picture of her in his office and asked to meet her.
- Appeared in the first five seasons of E!'s The Girls Next Door with fellow Hefner girlfriends Holly Madison and Bridget Marquardt.
- First appeared on the cover of Playboy for the November 2005 issue.
- Starred in her own spin-off series, Kendra, which followed her married life and motherhood.
- Released an exercise tape, Be A Knockout with Kendra, that focused on mothers who wanted to lose weight after giving birth.
- Cast in Season 12 of Dancing With the Stars, partnered with Louis van Amstel.