- When she was 11, moved in with Beyoncé Knowles and the Knowles family. This arrangement lasted about a decade.
- Due to their close relationship, often refers to Beyoncé as her cousin, though the two are not related.
- One of the original members of top selling female singer group Destiny's Child.
- Released her debut solo album, Simply Deep, in 2002.
- First acting gig was on The Hughleys in 2002.
- Made her film debut was in the 2003 horror flick Freddy vs. Jason.
- Served as co-host and judge for Bravo's 2009 reality series The Fashion Show.