Actress Kelli Williams was acting onscreen before her first birthday, appearing in a diaper ad, as well as a number of other commercials as a small child. By the time she was a teenager, Williams had an agent and was appearing on television on shows like Picket Fences and Party of Five. In 1997, she snagged the leading role of Lindsay Doyle on the popular courtroom drama The Practice and became a fixture in primetime TV. She stayed with the show until 2003 and continued to enjoy her lucrative TV career with shows like Medical Investigation, The Lyon's Den, Lie to Me, and Army Wives.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Appeared in diaper commercials as a baby.
- Her neighbors growing up included Cher and Johnny Carson.
- Starred opposite General Hospital actor Steve Burton in a high-school production of Romeo and Juliet.
- Made her TV series debut at age 18 in a February 1989 episode of the NBC sitcom Day by Day.
- Was nominated for SAG Awards for her work in The Practice in 1999, 2000 and 2001.
- Appeared with her mother, Shannon Wilcox, in the 2004 Hallmark Channel movie A Boyfriend for Christmas.
- Directed an episode of The Practice in 2004 (the year after her character was written out of the show).
- Served as a volunteer with the Young Storytellers arts-education program for students in the fourth and fifth grades in Los Angeles-area schools.