Accomplished stage actress Kate Flannery graduated from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia before diving headfirst into professional comedy. As a member of Second City's National Touring Company, Chicago's Annoyance Theater, and her own act, The Lampshades, Flannery has created over 15 shows. She's also starred in successful plays like Valley of the Dolls and The Phacts of Life. Flannery has appeared in numerous independent movies and on shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, but she's most well known for playing the divorced, alcoholic, single mother Meredith on the hit NBC comedy series The Office.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Has six siblings.
- Performed with the Second City National Touring Company during the same time Steve Carell, her future cast mate on NBC sitcom The Office, was appearing in shows with the company.
- Was a member of Chicago's Annoyance Theater, where she performed in more than 15 shows, including The Real Live Brady Bunch, in which she played Mrs. Brady.
- Contributed to a 1998 album by Mono Puff, a side project of They Might Be Giants' John Flansburgh.
- Kept her waitressing job throughout the first season of The Office.
- Performs, along with co-creator Scot Robinson, as fake lounge act the Lampshades.
- Was a talent scout for the 2008 season of Last Comic Standing.
- Served as a guest judge on a 2009 episode of Iron Chef America.
- Her family owns a Philadelphia bar called TA Flannery's.
- Is the musical director of the Los Angeles Drama Club, which teaches Shakespeare to young kids.