A native of Portland, OR, who honed her passion for the stage by studying theater at the University of Oregon, Kaitlin Olson moved to Los Angeles after earning her degree and quickly aligned herself with the improvisational comedy specialists at the Groundlings Theater. A coveted spot in the Sunday Company proved the catalyst that would help Olson to secure roles in the hit HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm (in which she played Cheryl's sister Becky), and the hit sitcom The Drew Carey Show (in which she played Mimi's nemesis Traylor). Later, after joining Carey's "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" troupe at the Melrose Improv, Olson joined her bespectacled co-star for a USO tour and entertained troops in Bosnia, Kosovo, and Norway. While The Drew Carey Show would go off the air in 2004, Olson wasn't out of work for long, and next turned up as part owner of a popular Irish pub in the twisted FX series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. In 2007, Olson remained busy on the small screen with a recurring role on the Emmy-nominated series The Riches.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Fractured her skull in a bicycle accident at age 12 and required reconstructive surgery.
- After college, joined the L.A. improvisational-comedy troupe the Groundlings, and was eventually promoted to its elite Sunday Company.
- Made her TV debut in the short-lived Fox improv show Meet the Marks in 2002.
- Was a regular on Fox's Kelsey Grammer Presents: The Sketch Show; was a semiregular on Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Drew Carey Show and The Riches.
- Performed for U.S. troops in Bosnia, Kosovo and Norway on a USO tour with Drew Carey and cast members from Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Was selected Sports Illustrated magazine's 2008 Celebrity Mailbag Crush.
- Her theatrical movie Weather Girl (costarring Mark Harmon) won Best Film award at the 2009 Vail (CO) Film Festival.