American actor Justin Hartley debuted in 2005 in a small supporting role in Russell Brown's gentle, understated romance Race You to the Bottom (2005), about the amorous relationship that blossoms between a bisexual travel writer (Cole Williams) and a female friend from his college days (Amber Benson). He went on to play Fox Crane on the daytime drama Passions, and was poised to protray Aquaman in a CW show of the same name, but the network chose not to go forward with the series after shooting a pilot. Hartley nonetheless got to take on a superhero role shortly thereafter, playing billionaire Oliver Queen (aka the Green Arrow) in several episodes of the popular CW Superman series Smallville between 2006 and 2011. Over the coming years, Hartley would remain active on screen, appearing in films like Spring Breakdown and Scorpio Men on Prozac.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Debuted on television in the role of Nicholas Foxworth "Fox" Crane on the soap opera Passions.
- Made film debut in a small role in the 2005 indie Race You to the Bottom.
- Starred as Aquaman in the unaired CW pilot for Aquaman (aka Mercy Reef) in 2006.
- When Aquaman wasn't picked up as a series, the CW asked him to play another iconic DC Comics superhero, Oliver Queen/The Green Arrow, on Smallville.
- Involved in the Web series Gemini Division, starring opposite Rosario Dawson.
- Huge fan of baseball and basketball.
- Enjoys gardening.