Active - 1999 - 2020 |
Born - Dec 15, 1952 in Newton, Massachusetts, United States |
- As a child, acted with the Boston Children's Theatre.
- Graduated from high school at 16 and went to Paris to study mime and mask under Jacques LeCoq at L'Ecole de Mime.
- Received a grant to study puppetry in Japan after college and ended up living in Indonesia for four years after forming her own theater company.
- Was the first woman to receive a Tony Award for directing a musical, for The Lion King in 1997.
- Directed The Magic Flute for the Metropolitan Opera's 2005-06 season.