Possessing the sort of ironclad genetics that virtually ensure a career on daytime television if all else fails, actor Josh Duhamel, not surprisingly, earned his breakthrough feature role playing the eponymous, lusted-after Hollywood hunk in the 2004 romantic comedy Win a Date With Tad Hamilton! Though subpar grades may have kept the aspiring cavity warrior from pursuing his childhood dreams of earning his keep as a dentist, a move to the West Coast eventually found Duhamel embarking on a career as a fashion model. It didn't take long for the photogenic cover boy to make the leap from still life to moving pictures, and in 1999, the fledgling actor made his small-screen debut in the long-running daytime drama All My Children. Having just come off his role as the titular character in 2002's The Picture of Dorian Gray, Duhamel found the ideal platform on which to hone his skills with the popular soap opera. Further schooling was no doubt provided when Duhamel appeared opposite Hollywood heavy James Caan in the 2003 television series Las Vegas -- in which he was cast as casino surveillance head "Big Ed" Deline's (Caan) eager young protégé. By the time the 2000's got rolling, Duhamel was a leading man, cashing in at the box office with roles in films like Turistas, the Transformers franchise, Life as We Know It, and New Year's Eve.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Played quarterback for his college football team.
- Dreamed of a career in dentistry, but dropped out of college one credit shy of a biology degree after failing to get into dental school.
- One of his earliest acting jobs was in Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" video.
- Worked in a Gap stockroom in his early days in California; by 2004, he was appearing alongside Sarah Jessica Parker and Mary J. Blige in a holiday ad campaign for the company.
- Co-owns Ten North Main, an upscale restaurant in his home town of Minot, ND.