When British actor Joe Anderson debuted onscreen in the mid-2000s, he immediately evinced a predilection for seeking out supporting roles in the most conceptually interesting and dynamic material available to him. Anderson's chosen projects -- which spanned a wide variety of genres -- never felt less than arresting. These included the Agnieszka Holland Beethoven biopic Copying Beethoven (2006), Julie Taymor's much-anticipated Beatles drama Across the Universe (2007) and the critically praised biopic of post-punk singer Ian Curtis, Control (2007).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Has dyslexia.
- Discouraged from becoming an actor by his father, who suggested he find a job with a steady income...possibly that of an undertaker.
- Studied photography.
- Backpacked around the world after high school.
- Wanted to become a director, but couldn't afford film school. So he instead attended drama school.
- A musician who performed vocals for the sound track for the 2007 film Across the Universe, he has been told he resembles Kurt Cobain and says there have been "talks" about his portraying the late Nirvana front man.
- Honored with the Best Actor Award at the 2008 Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival for his work in The 27 Club.