- Wanted to be involved in the performing arts since she was mesmerized by a stage version of The Nutcracker as a child.
- Was a Top 12 finalist at the Miss South Africa 2008 pageant.
- After graduating from college, landed a small role in the BAFTA nominated BBC miniseries The Sinking of the Laconia (2011) and subsequently relocated to Vancouver to pursue bigger parts.
- Role of Gladys Witham in the Canadian TV drama Bomb Girls (2012-13) earned her a 2013 Leo Award nomination for Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series; and a 2015 Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series for the follow-up TV film Bomb Girls: Facing the Enemy (2014).
- In 2011, opened a coffee shop in Vancouver with two South African friends called Nelson the Seagull, a nod to the folk song "The Seagull's Name Was Nelson," which was popular among many South Africans during Nelson Mandela's 27 years in prison.