Active - 1959 - 2014 |
Born - May 12, 1930 in Madrid, Spain |
Died - Apr 2, 2013 |
- Began composing music at age 6.
- Wrote and published a novel before becoming a filmmaker.
- A lover of jazz music, he sometimes worked under pseudonyms taken from jazz musicians, like Clifford Brown and James P. Johnson.
- Often wrote his own scripts and worked as his own cameraman.
- Was named in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most prolific director in the world.
- Had his own production company, Manacoa Films.