- Was chosen as a Leonore Annenberg Fellow by Lincoln Center Theater.
- Trained at Chicago’s Steppenwolf Theatre Company.
- Debuted on Broadway in a 2008 Roundabout Theater Company production of A Man for All Seasons.
- Nominated for 2 Lucille Lortel Awards for Outstanding Lead Actor for his performances in Off-Broadway productions of The Coward in 2008, and David Ives' New Jerusalem in 2011.
- Has appeared in multiple films inspired by true events, such as Lincoln, Parkland, Zero Dark Thirty, Selma and The Big Short.