- Landed her first paid role at the age of 10, playing the lead character in the opera Alice in Operaland.
- Selected to be trained under the Opera Arts Training Program of the San Francisco Girls Chorus at the age of 14.
- Raised as a vegetarian and had a vegan wedding when she married her husband, Nick.
- Worked for animal rights organization PETA as campaign coordinator for international grassroots campaign from 2008 to '09.
- Holds an MA in Education, and worked as a teacher at a performing arts school, the Barbizon School of San Francisco.
- Works as a freelance writer and editor, and has published her articles in Anywhere.com, Remezcla.com, and in the Project Intersect magazine.