- Was born into the Redgrave theatrical dynasty.
- Parents divorced when she was 9.
- Her mother Deirdre Hamilton-Hill, a fashion model, died of breast cancer in 1997, and her father, actor Corin Redgrave, died in 2010.
- First performed on stage in 1988 in a production of Lady Windemere's Fan in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Costarred with her aunts Vanessa and Lynn in a revival of Chekhov's The Three Sisters in 1991.
- Performed in the 12-hour production The Great Game: Afghanistan at New York's Public Theater.
- Was a member of the Don't Attack Iraq movement, campaigning against the invasion of Iraq.
- Briefly split from husband Tim Owen in 1997, but reconciled and had a second son in 2000.