Standup comedian and ventriloquist Jeff Dunham began honing his skills in college, eventually making his professional debut on the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in 1990. He made the rounds on the comedy circuit during the coming years, making occasional TV appearances and eventually performing in his own episode of Comedy Central Presents in 2003. Several Comedy Central specials followed over the next few years, and Dunham would eventually star in his own series on the network, The Jeff Dunham Show, in 2009, as well as additional stand-up specials like Jeff Dunham: Controlled Chaos. In 2014, he set up a long-term residency at the Planet Hollywood casino in Las Vegas with his show Not Playing with a Full Deck.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Is his parents' only child; they adopted him a few months after his birth.
- Began learning ventriloquism at age 8, when he received a Mortimer Snerd dummy for Christmas.
- Performed at Gene Roddenberry's 70th birthday party in 1988.
- Enjoys building and flying kit helicopters.
- Builds and modifies his own dummies in a workshop on his tour bus.
- Was named the third highest-earning comedian in America by Forbes magazine in 2009.