The similarity in name and physique has led some people to mistakenly assume that actor Jason Scott Lee is in some way related to the late and legendary Bruce Lee; indeed, he is not. Confusion was compounded when Lee starred in the moderately acclaimed 1993 biopic Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993). It is possible that the younger Lee's "association" with Bruce has prevented him from getting parts of wider range. Lee also starred in the notorious Kevin Reynolds-directed Easter Island fiasco Rapa Nui (1994), and garnered positive reviews for his work in Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book (1994).
Biography by Hal Erickson
- Is of Hawaiian and Chinese descent.
- Raised in Hawaii since the age of 2.
- Often confused as being related to Bruce Lee, which he is not.
- Trained in Jeet Kune Do with former Bruce Lee student, Jerry Poteet, for Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993) and is now a certified instructor.
- Auditioned for the role of Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat (1995), but didn't get the part.
- Best known for his roles as Bruce Lee in the 1993 martial arts film Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, and Mowgli in Disney's 1994 live-action adaptation of The Jungle Book.