Hawaii-born Jason Momoa first caught the attention of the fashion industry when he was discovered by designer Takeo in 1999. The 20 year old began a modeling career, which he soon transformed into an acting career, appearing in Baywatch Hawaii and Stargate Atlantis. In 2009, Momoa took on a role in the thriller The Game, before joining the cast of the acclaimed period series Game of Thrones in 2011. That same year, Momoa took on the title role in a hard hitting remake of Conan the Barbarian. Even though Conan failed to conquer the box office, Momoa's career kept charging forward thanks to his involvement eith the hit Game of Thrones, and in 2012 the actor could be seen opposite action icon Sylvester Stallone in the gritty Walter Hill actioner Bullet to the Head.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Was born in Hawaii, but grew up in Iowa.
- Named the 1999 Hawaii Model of the Year.
- Won his breakout role on Baywatch Hawaii when he was selected from more than 1,100 aspiring actors who responded to a cattle call.
- Wore a wig in the fifth season of Stargate: Atlantis (2005-09) after shaving off his signature dreadlocks when filming wrapped on Season 4. After six-plus years, my head and neck were starting to hurt a lot," he told TV GUIDE.
- An avid runner, mountain biker and rock climber.