Brooklyn-based rapper and actor Jamal Woolard is better known to many by his hip-hop name, Gravy. In 2006, the aspiring recording artist made waves when he was shot outside the studios of New York hip-hop station Hot 97. Woolard infamously got up, assessed his injuries, and entered the facility to proceed with his interview. In 2009, he took his talents to the screen, portraying legendarily slain rapper Notorious B.I.G. in the movie Notorious.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Featured on the track “Untouchable” by Tupac Shakur on the late rapper's posthumous final album Pac's Life released in 2006.
- Packed on over 50 lbs. to play The Notorious B.I.G. in the 2009 film Notorious.
- Reprised his role of the late Biggie Smalls, a.k.a. Notorious B.I.G in the 2017 Tupac biopic All Eyez On Me.
- Raps in real life under the name Gravy.
- Earned his first producing credit in 2018, as an executive producer on the documentary Turnt, in which he also appears.