Exotic, alluring, raven-haired British actress Jaime Murray began filmed acting work on the small screen with guest appearances on numerous English television programs, before attaining celebrity via an ongoing supporting portrayal of sexy con-woman Stacie Monroe on the first three seasons of the BBC series drama Hu$tle. Murray subsequently crossed over to acclaim in the United States as drug addict and pyromaniac Lila in Season Two of the popular Showtime series Dexter, before ushering in a much different characterization -- a portrayal of the Greek goddess Aphrodite -- on the romantic comedy series Valentine. She next had recurring roles on Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Ringer and Warehouse 13 before landing on SyFy's Defiance.
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Named after Jaime Sommers from The Bionic Woman.
- Diagnosed with dyslexia.
- Studied philosophy and psychology for 12 months before deciding to focus on drama.
- After coming to Hollywood for six weeks to shoot Demons, a CBS pilot that didn't make it to series, Murray landed a role on Season 2 of Dexter.
- Became good friends with her Defiance costar Julie Benz when the two worked together on Dexter.
- Told Britain's Daily Mail in 2011: "Doing a sex scene is like jumping into a pool of icy water. It does sting a bit at first, but you know it's going to be fine."