Jack Huston grew up in the lap of show business, as the scion of the legendary Huston directing and acting dynasty -- the grandson of maverick American director John Huston and New York actress-model Ricki Soma, the son of Tony Huston, and the nephew of actress Anjelica Huston and actor-director Danny Huston. He thus seemed predestined for a career in showbiz, especially given his dashing good looks. Though largely of American stock, Huston grew up and came of age in England and quickly acquired a English accent; as a result, the press typically classified him as British, and he often referred to the U.K. with great fondness as "home." He first stepped in front of the camera in his mid-twenties, scoring his breakthrough with a turn as poet-photographer-filmmaker Gerard Malanga in the 2005 Edie Sedgwick biopic Factory Girl, followed that up with a prominent role in director Paddy Breathnach's trippy gorefest Shrooms (2007), and signed for a role as Prince Wulfric, a Viking who takes on a group of invading extraterrestrials, in the sci-fi actioner Outlander (2008). Huston played a recurring role on ABC's quickly-canceled Eastwick, an attempt at updating The Witches of Eastwick for primetime television, and had a small role in a flashback scene in 2010's The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. He then joined HBO's Boardwalk Empire in a recurring role as the disfigured, mask-wearing Richard Harrow in season 1 of the show; the character was later upgraded to a series regular for season 2. Huston also kept busy with movies, playing writer Jack Kerouac in Kill Your Darlings (2013).
Biography by Nathan Southern
- Is the great-grandson of Walter Huston, who was one of the premiere American character actors of stage and screen in the 1930s and '40s.
- Attended the Academy Awards with his famous aunt, Anjelica Huston, when he was a teenager.
- Spent time acting on the London stage before his on-screen debut in the 2004 TV-movie Spartacus, starring Goran Visnjic.
- Created the voice for his Boardwalk Empire character by stuffing cotton in his mouth.
- Enjoys painting in his spare time.