A doe-eyed beauty who trained with the Youngblood Theatre Company before making her screen debut in an episode of the U.K. hospital series Casualty, Imogen Poots appeared briefly in Matrix masterminds Andy and Larry Wachowski's V for Vendetta before a substantial role in the horror sequel 28 Weeks Later brought her to the attention of international filmgoers. Cast as the daughter of an original outbreak survivor (played by Robert Carlyle) who is helping to organize the repopulation of London after the English capitol has been declared free of infection, the fresh-faced starlet brought a sense of innocence to her role that might not have been quite as apparent had a better-known actress been given the part.
Biography by Jason Buchanan
- Originally planned to train as a vet, but fainted during a work experience placement and chose acting instead.
- Deferred a spot for two years at London's Courtauld Institute to study history of art.
- Despite appearing in 28 Weeks Later (2007) and Fright Night (2011), confessed to not being a fan of actually watching horror movies.
- Starred in a commercial for H&M's Marni collection in 2012, which was directed by Sofia Coppola.
- When performing, and driving, in Need For Speed with Aaron Paul in 2014, she did not have a drivers license.