- Lived in India for eighteen months after signing with an Icelandic casting agency when she was a teenager.
- Moved from Iceland to London in 2008, gradually developing a British accent with the help of a speech coach at the Drama Centre London.
- Played Maria in a production of Cross Purpose at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland in 2009.
- To help with her role in the BBC drama series Poldark, she had harp and horse riding lessons.
- Is part of the Theatre Renegade company and starred in their first production Scarlett in 2015 at the Southwark Playhouse in London; the play was partially funded by a Kickstarter campaign.