- Regarded as the "Queen of Visayan Movie Land" because she starred in a majority of Visayan movies made in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Made her mark in Filipino showbiz at 15 and was the biggest star of her times.
- Also called "Swan of Visayan Cinema".
- Nursed dreams of entering movies when she was still a child.
- Discovered by talent scouts when she was only 14 at the University of Western Visayas where she was participating in a declamation contest.
- Made history when she and her daughter Nadia Veloso (aka Suzette Ranillo) were awarded Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress at the 1973 FAMAS for the movie Gimingaw Ako.