- Joined a band in high school and began performing at rodeos and local fairs.
- Moved to Nashville at 19 and denied being an aspiring singer in order to get a receptionist job at a music publishing company.
- Released her first album, Take Me as I Am, in 1993.
- Met her husband, country singer and actor Tim McGraw, when they toured together in 1996.
- Founded the Faith Hill Family Literacy Project in 1996.
- Replaced Whitney Houston at the 72nd Annual Academy Awards in 2000 and sang a medley of classic movie songs; also performed the national anthem at Super Bowl XXXIV that year.
- Made her film debut in the 2004 remake The Stepford Wives.
- Along with McGraw, organized the 2010 benefit concert Nashville Rising, which raised over $2 million to aid flood victims in Tennessee.