- Took acting and modeling classes in Flint, MI, after his family moved to nearby Grand Blanc Township when he was 14.
- Won some acting awards at a talent competition in Florida; a photographer saw his potential and recommended an agent.
- Moved to Los Angeles with his mother when he was 15 to pursue his dream of being an actor.
- On his second audition in Hollywood, he landed the lead role in 2004's Clipping Adam, which was a film-festival favorite.
- Appeared in commercials for PlayStation, Progressive Insurance and Moviefone.
- Made his TV debut in 2004 as Seth on Phil of the Future.