- Grew up in an acting family and used to practice and perform in the basement.
- After college, she performed on stage in New York before taking a 10-year break to raise her children.
- Played Scott Baio's mother in three different series—Happy Days, spin-off Joanie Loves Chachi and Charles in Charge.
- Began actively participating in summer theater in Idaho in 1990.
- Performed opposite her husband, daughter and sister Margaret in a 2012 production of Hello, Dolly! at the Coeur d'Alene Summer Theatre.