Born May 28th, 1977, Elisabeth Hasselbeck was known as Elisabeth Filarski when her bubbly personality caught viewers' attention on the show Survivor in 2001. She'd graduated from Boston College in 1999, where she'd played softball, but her popularity on the reality show focused her career toward the small screen. She nabbed a gig hosting a Style Network show about high fashion on a low budget called The Look for Less, and she stayed with the show for two years. In 2002, Elisabeth married her college sweetheart, professional football player Tim Hasselbeck, and took his name. The next year, she joined the cast of The View, providing a youthful voice for the show's round-table discussions when Lisa Ling left the show. Hasselbeck's conservative political and cultural views frequently clashed with those of co-host Rosie O'Donnell, especially on the topics of terrorism and the war in Iraq. The two became embroiled in many heated debates on the show, fueling rumors that the two feuded off screen as well -- though both denied them.
Biography by Cammila Collar
- Was captain of the Division I softball team at Boston College, leading her team to two Big East championships.
- Worked as an athletic-shoe designer before appearing on Survivor: The Australian Outback.
- Avid runner; has completed the Boston Marathon.
- Spoke at the 2004 Republican National Convention.
- Drew on her former design experience to launch a clothing line for QVC in 2009.
- Has celiac disease.