- Paid her way through theater school by modeling and acting.
- Made her stage debut at age 11 in a West End production of Les Miserables.
- As a member of the pop duo Those 2 Girls in the mid-'90s, she scored two top-40 hits.
- Reportedly stole an ashtray and flashed her bra at Prince Charles while visiting Buckingham Palace.
- Claimed to have once e-mailed British pop singer George Michael to ask him out on a date, not realizing he was openly gay.
- Served as a judge on the BBC talent series Any Dream Will Do, and eventually romanced and wed the winner, Lee Mead.
- In 2010, announced plans to launch a line of maternity clothes.